Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Apple Dumplings

Here is a recipe I just tried on Monday night. I got it from the pioneer woman's blog...if you have not heard of her I feel sorry for you. My mom told me about her a couple months ago and I've already tried a number of her recipes. So, you can be sure to see more on here from her. I highly recommend you check out her blog www.thepioneerwoman.blogspot.com. I am here merely to reaffirm how wonderful her recipes are! So on to the dumplings...


Here are the ingredients you will need, minus the cinnamon because I forgot to get that out until the end.

2 Granny Smith Apples
2 Cans Crescent Rolls
2 Sticks Butter
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
Cinnamon
1 Small Can of Mt. Dew or about 8 oz

Peel and core apples, cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll and place in a buttered 9 x 13 baking dish. Melt butter, add in sugar and barely stir. Then add in the vanilla and stir a little more but not enough to completely mix the ingredients. Pour mixture over the dumplings. Pour the Mt. Dew around the edges of the pan and in between the two rows of dumplings. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and bake in 350 degree preheated oven for about 40 minutes. You want the dumplings nice and golden brown. Serve the dumplings warm with ice cream and make sure to spoon some of the sauce on top.





Here is the finished product...like The Pioneer Woman says...These are beyond imaginable!

1 comment: