Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Intro-doooooocing........

Oh my gosh! Hooray!

Martha called me and asked me if I wanted to do a recipe blog with her and I was completely all over it! I've revealed some of my kitchen gadget obsession on my personal blog and got a little bit of flack from my friends (love you gize!). So, at least since this blog in entirely devoted to all things recipes/cooking/baking/kitchen-y stuff, I can just be consistent with the required material. Right?

First of all, we are savory sisters. Savory, because we really aren't that sweet. :) Ha ha...you can laugh. I'm not saying we're brats or anything,
maybe a little, but you won't find any gushy, bubblegum-y, overly cutsie stuff here. I think that's right. Martha?

Secondly, we want to offer other things, along with a plethora of fantabulosomagistic recipes. (my version of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious) We both love to cook, love to challege ourselves in the kitchen, love to try out new things and we'd love to share it with you. Tell your friends. Anyway...we would also like to offer cooking tips, substitutions, measurement conversions, and other sorts of things. Perhaps a guest contributor from time to time. If you are someone with awesome things you do in your kitchen, let us know! We'd love to hear about it and will probably want you to either write a guest entry or let us write one about you.

So I am the sister Ann. I am a stay-at-home mom. I have three children, 9, 7 and 3. They are SO fun to cook for (not) because they will eat everything I fix for them (uh...not!). Ok, not so much, but my husband is really receptive to new recipes and new things. I've never taken any classes (other than Home-Ick in middle school), but I've spent a lot of time teaching myself how to do things, watching how things are done on FoodTV and even finding my hands doing things naturally, just because I'd watched my mom doing the same stuff. I love it when that happens, btw.

Yeah - so, Welcome!!! Enjoy!!!! Martha? You're on.

No comments:

Post a Comment