Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad

I apologize for not having a picture to post of this delectable salad. (I guess you're just going to have to make it to see what it looks like!) I haven't made it in awhile, but it has been on my mind and I can't wait for the first chance I get to make it!
I found this recipe in the Paula Deen & Friends cookbook. If you know me, you know that I love Paula Deen. She is a great cook and is my favorite, next to the Pioneer Woman :) Anyway, give this salad a try...it's delicious!

Salad:
2 cups corn, fresh or frozen
1 avocado, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup finely diced red onion

Dressing:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes, and onion, in a large glass bowl.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a measuring cup. Pour over the salad and toss gently to mix. Serves 4 to 6.

Cook's notes: I use the super sweet frozen corn (because it's more convenient and tastes great) and I like to cook it and toss it in with the other ingredients when it's still hot.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment