Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spinach Bacon Quiche

I decided to make this yummy little quiche for dinner tonight. It is one of Paula Deen's recipes and is delicious! It is definitely one of my favorites! I was going to do a before shot, but forgot until it had been in the oven for awhile. Oops!

Spinach Bacon Quiche

6 large eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 ½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to 9-inch glass pie plate

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges.

Cooks notes: I decided to throw in some sliced baby portabello mushrooms (delish!) I also used a 9 1/2 inch pie plate so I need to add another egg and 1/4-1/2 cup more cream.





I gave Ann a hard time for taking a picture on a pink plate, then I did it myself!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment